A.D.E.P.T.-Innovative Design Concepts In Body-Powered Children's Terminal Devices
ROBERT RADOCY, MS*Boulder, Colorado
A.D.E.P.T. (Anatomically Design-Engineered Polymer Technology). Terminal devices are an infant-sized terminal device for crawling that is constructed of polyurethane elastomer and two new body-powered voluntary-closing children's devices, the first of their kind.
The advantages of the innovative terminal devices are:
- Opposed thumb prehensile grasping configuration
- Innate proprioceptive sensory feedback
- Minimal exposure of metal components
- Light-weight polyurethane matrix construction
- Pleasing anatomical shape and color.
Both voluntary-closing devices will be in production by mid-1984.
*Therapeutic Recreation Systems, 1280 28th Street, Boulder, CO 80803