2017 ACPOC Annual Meeting
Omni Houston Hotel
Online Abstract Submission site - Opening in June 2016
Deadline: October 1, 2016
2017 Exhibitor Prospectus - Coming soon
New Investigator Research Award
This award is for qualified students and residents in O&P, MD, OT, and PT programs, who are completing or have completed their directed study in the current year. The study must be applicable to the pediatric population. Visit our Award website for more information.
2017 Meeting Objectives
The objectives of this annual meeting are to present and evaluate new ideas, techniques and methodology and treatment of children with limb deficiencies, and to provide the participants with an opportunity to clinically evaluate and directly interact with proponents of new research knowledge pertinent to the management of these children. Participants will hear and view presentations in a variety of formats including scientific paper presentations, posters, symposia, and special presentations. There will be an opportunity for speakers to present challenging cases and creative solutions. A technical and scientific workshop format is used to present new approaches and ideas to difficult or unsolved problems.
Who Should Attend?
Physicians, nurses, orthotists, prosthetists, social workers, rehabilitation engineers, physical and occupational therapists, and other health professionals who care for children with orthopaedic and related disabilities will benefit.
ACPOC 2017 Annual Meeting Hector Kay Lecture and Presidential Guest Speaker TBD
Continuing Education Credit TBD
Technical Workshops, Wednesday, March 22, TBD 11:30 AM start. ARRIVE EARLY.
Physician Guided Case Study Forum - This will be a moderated, but informal session, open to all disciplines. Anyone can bring in a case for discussion with their peers. If you'd like to present to the group, please email the title and brief description of the case to the ACPOC office at . Due to HIPAA, please do not bring patient(s) or patient's family with you to this session.
Please book your lodging within the official room block. Staying at our contracted hotel is important to ACPOC and to the Omni Interlocken Resort where we are holding this meeting. You are helping ACPOC meet their contractual obligations. Please take this into consideration when making your accommodation decision. ACPOC negotiated rate for single/double rooms is $149.00 plus tax over the meeting dates. The hotel cut-off date for ACPOC blocked rooms is February 27, 2017.
Please note that it is not uncommon for the housing block to fill prior to the stated cut-off date. Early reservations are encouraged. Should the room block become full before, or after February 27, 2017, reservations will be accepted on a space and rate availability basis.
Omni Houston Hotel is centrally located in the prestigious Uptown Post Oak/Galleria area and is just minutes from all of the excitement that Houston, Texas has to offer. You are just 10 minutes by car from the central business district.
To book your hotel reservation, please click the link to reserve your room. Or you can call the Omni Houston Hotel at (713) 871-8181 to make your hotel reservations. Please reference the ACPOC 2017 Annual Meeting to secure the discounted hotel rate. A double bed room or a king bed room is $149.00 per night, tax is not included. There is a cutoff date of February 27, 2017, subject to availability.
Airport & Transportation Information:
GEORGE BUSH INTERCONTINENTAL AIRPORT (IAH) (approximately 30 minutes)
- Taxi Service: Approximately $60 each way
- Shuttle Service: Approximately $24 one way per person (800) 258-3826
- Limo Service: Approximately $70 (arrange with concierge)
WILLIAM P. HOBBY AIRPORT (HOU) (approximately 25 minutes)
- Taxi Service: Approximately $53 each way
- Shuttle Service: Approximately $19 one way per person
- Complimentary transportation is available within a 3-mile distance of the hotel
- Airport transportation to the hotel is available by taxi or town car service
- The concierge can assist with car and limousine rental
Additional Area Activities:
When you want to explore activities outside the resort area, you will find a variety of options within minutes of our location:
- Houston Zoo - 9 miles
- SplashTown water park - 13 miles
- NASA Space Center - 25 miles
- Houston Museum District - 14 minutes
- Jones Hall, home of the Society for the Performing Arts - 15 minutes
- Kemah Boardwalk - 45 minutes
- The Galleria Shopping Complex - 2.5 miles
- Theatre District - 8 miles
Weather: March average high 72°F and average low 51°F.
Thank you to our 2016 Exhibitors and Supporters!*
- Ability Dynamics
- Allard USA, Inc.
- Amputee Coalition
- Becker Orthopedic
- Bulldog Tools, Inc.
- Cascade DAFO, Inc.
- Cascade Orthopedic Supply, Inc.
- Certified Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Children's Hospital Colorado
- DAW Industries Inc.
- Fillauer Companies, Inc.
- Hanger Clinic
- Innovative Neurotronics, Inc.
- JMS Plastics Supply Inc.
- Knit-Rite, Inc.
- M. J. Markell Shoe Company, Inc.
- Martin Bionics
- O&P Edge/Amplitude Magazine
- Orthomerica Products Inc.
- Össur Americas
- Piedro International BV
- Pro-Tech Orthopedics
- Restorative Care of America, Inc.
- SpringStep AFO
- Sky Medical, Inc.
- Spinal Technology, Inc.
- SPS Co.
- TheraTogs, Inc.
- TRS (Therapeutic Recreation), Inc.
- Ultraflex Systems, Inc.
- Vorum Research Corp.
GOLD LEVEL SUPPORTERS
BRONZE LEVEL SUPPORTERS
Future Meetings: ▲ Go to top of page
March 22-25, 2017
Omni Houston Hotel
The 2016 ACPOC Annual Meeting Final Program and PDFs of the Presentations will be uploaded to the Members Only area soon.
Annual Meeting Abstracts ▲ Go to top of page
- Beverly Cusick Role of Spasticity Handout
- Beverly Cusick Botox problems reference list
- Beverly Cusick Reconsidering Spasticity Appendix